Friday, 28 March 2008

Baggage hell, computer games, end of ashes to ashes...

Sometimes bigger isn't better, as ably demonstrated by the new baggage handling technique at T5 in Heathrow yesterday, which must be rather embarrasssing after watching a programme all about how they'd tested the baggage handling capacity before the terminal opened. Computer glitches are to be blamed, though I'm sure those passengers who have had connections missed, business plans destroyed, holidays ruined and a night on a T5 bench will consider it more than a glitch.
Talking of computer glitches, I am delighted that a review of the computer games industry has found that ratings need to be overhauled. First person shooter games, often devoid of moral reasoning or consequences of actions should have an 18 cert. and the ratings should be the same as cinema and DVD guidelines, nice to see someone is finally showing a bit of common sense.
http://www.dfes.gov.uk/byronreview/

I have been enjoying the 'Ashes to Ashes' series and was sad to see it end last night I hope it returns next year so I can continue saying all those things like 'Oh, I had shoes/a hairstyle like that, I loved this song! Look at that lamp!'

No comments: