Wednesday, 17 December 2008

Phew - end of very long poem in sight!

Anyone who followed my blog back when it was on MySpace (changed to blogger because of all the endless automatic emails trying to sell me stuff or get me to part with cash that took forever to get through each day) will know that I've been writing a long poem about the history of Blue Bell Hill in Kent (from prehistoric to present day)for the last couple of years. I think I have just about finished the words, just a rhyme or two left about the Jack-In-The-Green to go and then have the pictures/diagrams/maps and photos to get to grips with. I should point out that the poem isn't actually that horrendously long but that I've only had a few hours here and there to work on it.... I then have to try and see if anyone is interested in publishing 'The Ballad Of Blue Bell Hill'...
I must admit, I had no idea how rich the North Downs would turn out to be with history and folklore from neolithic burials, Roman occupation, Saxon Kings, smugglers, hell-hounds and ghosts...

No comments: