Tuesday, 27 January 2009

White tailed eagles in the UK?

Last weekend was the RSPB big birdwatch weekend which, sadly we were unable to take part in due to being elsewhere rather than in our garden. I am delighted to note though that this year the thrush has returned and most of our resident birds seem to be doing well.
While out and about last weekend we were driving back over north Dorset and in a field I saw what I thought was some kind of white-headed eagle. It was far too big a bird to be a buzzard (which have a very different head and shoulder shape). My first thought was it was an osprey but have no idea why an osprey was sitting in field up on the Cranbourne Chase... if anyone has spotted eagles or indeed, flies birds of prey, in that part of Dorset, let me know, I'd love to know what it was I saw.

No comments: