Friday, 3 April 2009

For poet's sake! More poetry for the people!

This article about Russell Crowe's poetry acceptance speech caught my eye. Fab! The Queen's looking for a new poet laureate - look! He's hunky, has a band (does he still have a band?)and can rhyme! Look no further. Problem solved. (I do actually really like the poem... it's not just his big puppy-dog eyes...)
Talking of poetry, I have finished my long poem, as mentioned on this blog before about the long history of Blue Bell Hill, Kent and will try and find some space to publish it, probably on Ripplestone Review in the next few weeks. (blatant advertising done..)
This also caught my eye over at the BBC. Yoko Ono's mural, entitled 'Promise' to be auctioned off for Autism Awareness Day. A beautiful piece, I hope it raises lots for the charity and delighted that it was given news coverage in a week when Autism Awareness Day was lost in headlines about G20.

1 comment:

James A-S said...

I think it must mostly be the puppy dog eyes - although they are bit more bloodhound than perky terrier!
The line about the pint of beer and the new tattoo is okay in a lady kind of way but I can't help but think that the rest is a bit limp.
He might give Eric Cantona a run for his money...