Tuesday, 17 September 2013

Good grief... I've lost a movie review!

Inception Review 
Just running through all the movies I've reviewed for the  2010/2014 awards and found that the Inception movie and sound track review has gone AWOL. I don't know why... sometimes these things just happen / it's a massive digital conspiracy to wreak havoc upon my finely honed organisational skills... ANYWAY. Don't panic! I'm going to review both right here and now because that's the kind of person I am. (I might have already reviewed them somewhere else, the review I give now may not bear any resemblance to any previous review...)

Inception (12A)

Writer & director: Christopher Nolan

Website: Inception

The dream within a dream... not since The Matrix has sci-fi and CGI fitted so well together. A mind tickling maze of a thriller and a roller coaster ride of action from start to finish.  Leonardo DiCaprio plays the lead character Cobb, a fugitive thief who needs to steal company secrets from inside someone's mind in order to return to his old life. He gets a team together for this one last job but fails to let them know the danger they all face, haunted by an enemy of his own making. Ellen Page, Tom Hardy, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Ken Watanabe, Cillian Murphy, Dileep Rao to name a few of the great cast list all give strong performances but for me, Marion Cotillard is brilliant as the vengeful Mal. An atmospheric and memorable movie, complimented by a beautiful soundtrack. A mind boggling five out of five stars.

*****



Inception: Music from the Motion Picture

Composed by Hans Zimmer



Beautiful soaring musical landscapes from the movie soundtrack. Several years later, still listening to it and loving it. A top score of five out of five stars.

*****

No comments: