Thursday, 12 February 2015

Sci-Fi short story over on my fiction blog..

Ripplestone Review Blog Fiction: Shut-Eye (a science fiction short story)

Shut-Eye by P L Herlihy (all rights reserved)

Have you ever woken up with a jolt, as though you are falling but instead of landing, you wake up? It is, of course, neither a physical landing not an imaginary fall but the synaptic jolting of your subconscious returning from a trip across the multiverse back to your own brain.
It only happens during sleep and very few people realise what they are experiencing is space travel, in fact, very few people realise they exist in a multiverse, universes stacking up across infinity, folding and unfolding like a prairie of wild flowers... anyhow, let's leave infinity for now. The thing is, next time you get some shut-eye, I'll be waiting for you and then you'll understand...

3 comments:

The Elegant Parent said...

Hello,
I wanted to know if I could use your beautiful flower photo on my blog; within my header.

The picture is this one:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ripplestone/2595515486

I can site you and link to this blog or your flickr account somewhere in my description or acknowledgements. I'm still trying to figure out how to do all the correct things (and it might take me a day or 2 to find out how to put up a link back to you, but I will definitely do so, with your permission). I just fell in love with your photo and wanted to ask your permission to use it on my blog.

I have my blog up and running and have put up the header as it would look with your photo. Please take a look and tell me if it's alright. Thank you very much.

Sorry to write this here; I didn't see a "contact me" button.

Tiana

http://elegantparent.blogspot.com/

Trisha xx said...

Hi Tiana, use of photo is OK, please could you put a credit & link back to my flickr image, thanks,
Trisha xx

The Elegant Parent said...

Hi Trisha,

Thanks so much! I have cited you in my disclosure policy with credit and a link back to the flickr image. I will also put it in the bottom acknowlegments if I can figure out how. :) I also cited your work on my blog's facebook page. Thanks again so much, it is really a lovely picture.

Take care, Tiana